Thursday, June 12, 2008

I don't like any of the Blogger templates and my house smells funny.

Mmkay. So I finally cleaned out the litter box. Thank you to Eric who has volunteered to keep my cat for an undetermined length of time while I spend some time on the road--er, in aeroplanes--and crashing couches in order to "find myself". Lately, I "find myself" engrossed in C-SPAN, but for the life of me cannot reason why. I do sleep better, though, and I "find myself" feeling more like a real American citizen every day. But, it's only been two days. And already, RESULTS!

I can't wait for the election. I long to stand in line early, to once again feel like part of the corporate workforce for an hour or so. I miss the polls and the shifty laughs you get from those in line with you when a driveby shouts "YEAH, KERRY!!!" or whatever. The names will change this year, but the sentiment will remain the same. The air will be crisp, the leaves will be changing colors, and there will be a certain charge in the air, like some of us in line are going to be making a huge mistake, we just don't know it yet. I checked in this morning for the daily prayer and I have to say the chaplain did an excellent job. I was ready to work! Except I don't work in the House. It is fascinating to see Nancy Pelosi in action (I had to Google her name to see how to spell it. I admit my faults on the rare occasion that they manifest.). She has great command of the post and rules the whole room from her little roost there on the top. She gets a great view of the tops of all the shiny heads of the guys who are either catching up on sleep (great representation can only come from a well-rested Representative) or who are head down, too busy texting their mistresses to pay proper attention to the real issues and H.R. 333. Screw impeachment, I'm all about some lunch and a quickie.

2 comments:

individually wrapped slices said...

blogger templates definitely suck. so i just went all out tacky middle schooler girl and did some dark pink letters on a hot pink background.

i'll just call it tween noveau. frenchy names are swell.

(I am so suck at Captcha ... onto my third attempt at trying to enter in the right letters).

Sharon said...

except that it's "nouveau". it's only because i love you that i share with you my inner french nerd.